Alireza panahpour, D.D.S., practices what he describes as biological, holistic, integrative, cosmetic, conscious and/or systemic dentistry. His primary office is in bellevue, washington. He also maintains an office in santa monica, california. Which he visits monthly for follow-up appointments. This article examines his background history, credentials, web site claims, professional activities, and legal difficulties and indicates why I recommend avoiding him.
The services mentioned on his clinic site include ozone therapy, platelet rich fibrin (PRF), dental deprogrammer treatment for TMJ, myofunctional therapy, homeopathic immunity IV support, removal of cavitations and faulty root canals, and amalgam removal using the huggins protocol. His self-published book, the good dentist , adds that he opposes water fluoridation, uses autonomic response testing (ART), and often refers patients for thermography testing. His views on all of these these subjects differ from lipidized fibrous histiocytoma those of the scientific medical and dental community. In a youtube video promoting his book, he mentions that his kind of dentistry is not taught lipidized fibrous histiocytoma in dental school. His offbeat practices include:
• autonomic response testing (ART). In this procedure, the practitioner makes fanciful diagnoses throughout the body by testing lipidized fibrous histiocytoma the strength of the patient’s fingers when the patient is exposed to test substances lipidized fibrous histiocytoma or other stimuli. Panahpour does, O-ring testing, in which the practitioner tries to pull the patient’s thumb and forefinger apart after they are placed in lipidized fibrous histiocytoma a circle . Panahpour’s book states that ART can determine whether various procedures lipidized fibrous histiocytoma are appropriate, which antibiotics to use, which quadrant of the mouth to start with, what tooth is ready for treatment first, which pain medicine to prescribe, which anesthetic to use to numb the patient, and which bonding material would be best for the patient. The idea that muscle-testing can make such determinations is preposterous .
• neural therapy. This approach is claimed to treat pain and disease throughout lipidized fibrous histiocytoma the body by injecting local anesthetics into nerves, scars, glands, trigger points, and other tissues. Panahpour states that he injects procaine along neural lymphatic pathways lipidized fibrous histiocytoma to encourage the body to flush out toxins via the lipidized fibrous histiocytoma lymph. Neural therapy is a senseless practice that is certainly outside lipidized fibrous histiocytoma the legitimate scope of dentistry .
• unnecessary removal of amalgam fillings. Panahpour claims that amalgam fillings poison people and should be lipidized fibrous histiocytoma removed. However, no study has shown any harm from proper use of lipidized fibrous histiocytoma dental amalgam in patients. Major reviews by the FDA, the national institutes of health, and the U.S. Public health service have confirmed the safety of amalgam. Major consumer and patient advocacy organizations—including consumers union, the national multiple sclerosis society, and the alzheimer’s and related diseases association—have concluded that there is no association between amalgam and lipidized fibrous histiocytoma human illness. Inappropriate removal of amalgam exposes a patient to an unnecessary lipidized fibrous histiocytoma procedure. The risks of removal include complications from local anesthetic, potential for laceration from rotary instruments, possible exposure to bacterial and viral pathogens, potential for penetration into the pulp chamber, preparation that enlarges a cavity and weakens tooth structure, potential for thermal and chemical insult to vital dental pulp lipidized fibrous histiocytoma tissue, and potential for aspiration . The american dental association has declared that the removal of lipidized fibrous histiocytoma amalgam restoration from the non-allergic patient for the alleged purpose of removing toxic substances lipidized fibrous histiocytoma from the body, when such treatment is performed solely at the recommendation or lipidized fibrous histiocytoma suggestion of the dentist is improper and unethical. 
• cavitation diagnosis and surgery. A small minority of dentists claim that most facial pains lipidized fibrous histiocytoma and even pains and diseases located far from the mouth lipidized fibrous histiocytoma are caused by cavities (cavitations) within the jaw bones. Advocates call this condition neuralgia-inducing cavitational osteonecrosis (NICO) and claim they can cure the patient by locating and lipidized fibrous histiocytoma scraping out the affected tissues. They may also remove all root-canal-treated teeth, most of the vital teeth close to the area where lipidized fibrous histiocytoma they say a problem exists, and even parts of the jawbone. Worse yet, the surgery may result in severe infections and a lifetime lipidized fibrous histiocytoma of pain .
• use of homeopathic products. Homeopathy is a pseudoscience based on notions that (a) a substance that produces symptoms in a healthy person can lipidized fibrous histiocytoma cure ill people with similar symptoms and (b) that infinitesimal doses can be highly potent . Panahpour’s book says that he often administers homeopathic remedies intravenously lipidized fibrous histiocytoma after removing amalgam fillings or performing cavitational surgery. No homeopathic product has ever been proven effective or gained lipidized fibrous histiocytoma FDA approval for the treatment of any health problem.
I am a 5th generation dental surgeon. You could say that dentistry is in my blood. I have been a U.S. Citizen for dozens of years, but my mother’s ancestry made me royalty in my native country. In the royal tradition, I began life being educated as a leader and warrior. But I had always dreamed of following my father’s, my grandfather’s, my great-grandfather’s and my great-great-grandfather’s footsteps into a career in dentistry. I spent my childhood observing in my father’s dental practice, working in the lab and, later, assisting in my dad’s dental surgeries. I was fascinated with everything I could learn in the lipidized fibrous histiocytoma surgery room. My curiosity and my passion for healing others was inborn. Fortunately, my family supported my dream in pursuing the career that lipidized fibrous histiocytoma I feel that I was born to do. They sent me to some of the finest schools with lipidized fibrous histiocytoma the best reputations in america to continue our family’s legacy: becoming one of the world’s best doctors of dental surgery .
After practicing dentistry in iran for many years, panahpour’s father moved his family to the united states, and practiced in california from 1985 through 1996. However, in 2001, his license was canceled and in 2005, the dental board denied his application for reinstatement because he lipidized fibrous histiocytoma had failed to disclose that in 2002 he had pleaded lipidized fibrous histiocytoma guilty to a misdemeanor in nevada (admitting that he wrote $25,000 check to obtain chips at a casino when he lipidized fibrous histiocytoma knew that his bank account did not have sufficient funds lipidized fibrous histiocytoma to cover the amount). The administrative law judge who considered the father’s reapplication concluded that he had not demonstrated the level lipidized fibrous histiocytoma of honesty and integrity required of a licensee. The judge’s report also noted that he had been diagnosed with lipidized fibrous histiocytoma bipolar disorder and was being treated with lithium [11,12]. Educational history and performance
The CV posted to panahpour’s personal site states that he did undergraduate work at lipidized fibrous histiocytoma the university of california, los angeles (UCLA) from 1982 through 1990. And took premed courses at california state university at UCLA lipidized fibrous histiocytoma from 1988 through 1990 . If accurate, this would mean that he began at age 16 and lipidized fibrous histiocytoma continued until he was 24. However, transcripts and other official documents I have seen tell a lipidized fibrous histiocytoma different story,. They indicate that he graduated from high school in 1985 lipidized fibrous histiocytoma and that most of his undergraduate credits were obtained at lipidized fibrous histiocytoma santa monica college, a 2-year community college that is not part of UCLA. They also show that his academic performance in college and lipidized fibrous histiocytoma dental school was very poor:
Panahpour has been sued for fraud and/or malpractice at least eleven times. At least six of the patients alleged that he had lipidized fibrous histiocytoma removed amalgam fillings unnecessarily. At least nine said that he had used autonomic response lipidized fibrous histiocytoma testing. At least seven said that he had used neural therapy, including three women who said he administered injections into their lipidized fibrous histiocytoma breasts. The eleven suits (involving twelve patients) had the following outcomes:
• to determine the cause of the patient’s reported fatigue, panahpour used ART testing that involved placing cards on her lipidized fibrous histiocytoma chest that contained notations of her daily food intake. Based on his findings, he prescribed dietary supplements and administered neural therapy that consisted lipidized fibrous histiocytoma of procaine injections into her jaws, abdomen, hands, scars on her right knee and upper back, and around both breasts around both of her breasts.
The database of the dental board of california states that lipidized fibrous histiocytoma panahpour acquired his california dental license in 1994. In 2005, the board charged panahpour with (a) negligently treating three teeth of a patient that needed restorations, (b) improperly double-billing an insurance company, and (c) using professional names other than the one under which he lipidized fibrous histiocytoma was licensed . The case was settled by a stipulation in which he lipidized fibrous histiocytoma admitted to using unlicensed names and gave up the right lipidized fibrous histiocytoma to contest the other charges. The board assessed him $10,000 for the cost of its proceedings and ordered him lipidized fibrous histiocytoma to serve two years’ probation, during which he was required to take remedial courses in lipidized fibrous histiocytoma oral diagnosis and treatment planning. He was also barred from practicing as dr. Alexander pana or dr. Alex pana unless he legally changes his name .
In 2009, panahpour acquired a license to practice dentistry in the state lipidized fibrous histiocytoma of washington, where most of his practice is now located. In 2018, the washington dental quality assurance commission charged him with unprofessional lipidized fibrous histiocytoma conduct in his treatment of a patient. The board’s complaint notes that (a) he performed four cavitation operations on a patient’s upper and lower left jaw even though a panoramic lipidized fibrous histiocytoma x-ray showed no infection or other abnormal findings, and (b) during one of the operations, panahpour injured a nerve in the jaw that caused the lipidized fibrous histiocytoma patient to have long-term numbness . In 2019, the board concluded that panahpour’s care of this patient was substandard and revoked his lipidized fibrous histiocytoma license for a minimum of five years. It also ordered him to reimburse the patient for all lipidized fibrous histiocytoma fees and pay the state of washington a $5,000 fine plus $18,000 for the cost of the disciplinary proceedings. In order to reinstate his license, he must pay these assessments and pass several competency tests lipidized fibrous histiocytoma .. References
When you look at your medical records, medical bills or other formal paperwork from a doctor’s office, you might see the abbreviation “NOS” somewhere….
Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) is an extremely rare tumor that belongs to a heterogeneous lipidized fibrous histiocytoma group of soft tissue…
Methylcobalamin injections are the main choice for many who want lipidized fibrous histiocytoma to burn their fat away. Vitamin B12 is the most natural…